This summer was filled with nothing but work for me as unfortunate as that may seem. My parents both are always very ill and due to the pandemic my access to the outside world was very limited. However I did have a few good days where my coworkers and I went on picnics at Long Island City Gantry Park. The view gives almost a sense of tranquility, also the boat rides are definitely worth the trip. Work was always very hectic. Working at an essential business my main goal was to make sure people got what they needed! To be able to take those few moments on my days off to sit down, enjoy nature and relax gave me the much needed motivation. The food trucks there are really good and I recommend the Tacos Al Pastor to anyone who decides to visit the park and try some tacos. Yum!

Between both “The Tell-Tale Heart” and “The Yellow Wallpaper”, I enjoyed reading “The Yellow Wallpaper,” more. Edgar Allan Poe gives us, as readers, a chance to really dive deep within our own realm of thinking to decipher what he is trying to say. We see the madness of a man struggling within himself and we see the same in, “The Yellow Wallpaper.” In “The Yellow Wallpaper” the narrator uses a specific piece of symbolism which defined her madness which is the yellow wallpaper. As the story progresses we see the mental state of the narrator deteriorate, her obsession with the yellow wallpaper becomes unbearable. To my understanding the  room and house resembled a mental institution, and the woman who the narrator saw that was trying to escape, may have well likely have been her own sanity. In the story it is as if she is trying to help herself escape, to grasp a hold of her own sanity and be free. The narrator works with the woman (who is the narrator’s sense of sanity as her deep subconscious showed her) to tear apart the wallpaper. The yellow wallpaper being her madness, tearing it apart would set her free. I see how we can go mad in our own worlds and something as simple as paper can represent so much of ourselves to our subconscious beings. It was as if the wallpaper was telling her to free herself ! To try and save herself from her captivity, but also driving her insane by confining her. The way it was narrated made a connection with the main character much easier, whereas in “The Tell-Tale Heart ” there are a lot of vague references. I felt as if I was the main character, experiencing exactly what she was.