This summer I had the opportunity to be apart of an amazing community of protestors for Black Lives Matter. It was a bold step for me since up until this June, the most I’ve done was sign a few petitions thought the years. After much research on police brutality against POC, specifically the black community, I felt a need to be apart of the impactful thousands of marchers. The personal stories and speeches were truly heartfelt and opened a deeper understanding for myself and my friends. With each protest I had attended, I researched more and more into statistics and studies. Without this world-wide movement, I would not be as knowledgable as I am today concerning the injustices and wrong criminalization that black americans face. I am glad I took the chance to participate in these protests as they will go down in history.

After reading both the “The Tell-Tale Heart” and “The Yellow Wallpaper,” I have grown to be more fond of Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s writing. Although “The Tell-Tale Heart’s” was enticing and easily digested, there was a possibility that the videos played during class helped my overall understanding. Trying to not let the prejudice sway my opinion, The Yellow Wallpaper was a more fulfilling piece. The constant change of the wallpapers description was very interesting. What gives this piece the win is the ultimate plot twist in the end, when the narrator had believed that she herself became the woman trapped in the wallpaper.Once the final paragraph is read, a reader can finally piece together the puzzle of all the underlying meanings. As her interest with the yellow wallpaper grew, her mental heath deteriorated. It seemed as though in the end she had placed herself in the imaginary woman’s shoes. I like this style of writing more as it seems more personable and leaves a reader looking for hidden messages and metaphors.