This summer was very difficult for me. I really planned to work and branch out more than ever, but the pandemic messed up those plans, the only thing I could really do was stay home and relax after the spring semester was over. Over the summer, I was able to catch up on reading and watch films, specifically films I enjoyed as a child. I used this disastrous time to connect with my young self and I believe that is what has been helping me get through this. In middle school, I enjoyed writing short stories and escaping from reality in those stories, it’s funny how that now connects to our circumstances today. Literature has really helped me and it’s why I actually love English as a subject because people are sharing experiences, creating space for relatable stories, and allowing us to connect with one another through pieces of work. The story that I really enjoyed was “The Tell-Tale Heart” . It was different from anything I’ve ever read and watching the animation in class also made it more realistic. This story had many different themes and one of the recurring themes in the story was guilt. I thought the animation and the actual story did a great job of showing that and using elements such as the heartbeat to display how that emotion can trigger just about anyone.