This summer I really didn’t do anything much other than working due to the whole covid situation but I did have the interesting job of being a temperature checker at work. I work with Amazon so daily temperature checks are necessary and it felt good doing something that helps to protect me and my fellow coworkers.

From the three stories we have read so far I have to say that “The lottery” by Shirley Jackson was the one I liked the best. The reason why I say this is because the story takes a surprising twist the story takes that I didn’t expect . This story gives “the calm before the storm” a new meaning from the way the twist was thrown in there as one would not expect the reward from the lottery would be stoning done by your fellow neighbors. The story shows the theme of tradition in a horrible way as persons have been taking part in “the lottery” for over seventy-seven years without wondering if it’s a stupid tradition that they are following blindly. It also seems like the narrator is scarred by the events by the way they go into details and describe even the smallest. It’s almost as if the events took place yesterday from the way it was detailed.