What I did over the summer was really a bold move because before the summer started, I never left my house because of the pandemic because I was so scared. My friends came to get me one summer night to hang out and do whatever. Ever since that night, I’ve been out almost every weekend with them and then out with my family. That’s what really surprised me throughout the summer. I’ve been cooped up in my house for 4 months and the fact that I took a chance and left my house really surprised me. Of course, I take proper precautions when I go out, I have my mask on at all times, I don’t go in large crowds… I don’t even like being around people, to begin with. I have wipes and hand sanitizer on me at all times and I wash my hands more times than I should. I’m still a little scared because of how often I do leave my house because I have my little sister and mom to come home to. I don’t want them to be around me until I correctly degerm myself. Nonetheless, I am grateful that I took that chance and left my house because I honestly would’ve gone crazy sitting in my house for the whole summer.

My favorite story out of the three is “The Black Cat” because of the mystery it holds, for me at least. It was giving me Law and Order: Special Victims Unit vibes because of the way he killed his wife. Don’t get me wrong I did enjoy the other stories but it didn’t capture my attention like Edgar Allen Poe’s story did. I truly enjoy it, I read it more times than usual. It was also giving me serial killer vibes because he harmed an animal and everyone knows the signs of becoming a serial killer is to harm or kill a small animal and work your way up. I watch a lot of serial killer documentaries and horror movies. REPLY