Ethics in Design 2A

Keeping things professional is a big deal in design. When I was working at JOAN Creative, being professional really shaped how I approached my work, from handling secret stuff to managing what the clients were expecting. Here’s a look at how being professional shaped my internship experience.

One of the main things about being professional is keeping all the client work and business info secret. During my internship, I got to know some sensitive things about clients’ plans. Keeping it all hush-hush was super important in keeping the trust JOAN Creative had with its clients.

Another big part of being professional is giving realistic design and production schedules. While I was working on the strategy deck for the creatives, I learned the importance of being clear and honest. I made sure the timelines were realistic. This not only managed what the clients were expecting, but also helped build a relationship where the client felt informed and part of the process. It really showed me how important honesty and transparency are for building long-term client relationships.