Education and Academic Achievements

CUNY City College of Technology
Associate of Applied Science in Dental Hygiene
(2022 – 2024)

Achievements:

• Overall GPA: 3.5
  • Dean’s Honor List Spring 2020, Fall 2021

Course Highlights:

Throughout my Dental Hygiene education at CUNY City Tech, I engaged in a diverse range of courses designed to provide a comprehensive foundation in oral healthcare. The curriculum encompassed both theoretical knowledge and hands-on clinical experiences, preparing me for the multifaceted responsibilities of a dental hygienist. In Principles of Dental Hygiene Care I and II, I learned fundamental concepts and skills essential for patient assessment, oral hygiene instruction, and basic clinical procedures.

• Oral Anatomy, and Histology and Embryology deepened my understanding of the structure and development of oral tissues and organs, laying the groundwork for advanced clinical practice.
  • Courses like Periodontics and Oral Pathology equipped me with specialized knowledge in diagnosing and managing periodontal diseases and oral lesions
  • Pharmacology and Dental Materials familiarized me with the pharmacological principles and dental materials used in dental treatment, ensuring safe and effective patient care.
  • Dental Radiology provided training in capturing and interpreting dental radiographs.
  • Advanced coursework in Principles of Dental Hygiene Care III and IV challenged me to apply theoretical knowledge to complex clinical scenarios, further refining my clinical judgment and critical thinking skills.
  • Finally, Introduction to Public Health underscored the importance of community-based approaches to oral health promotion and disease prevention, highlighting the role of dental hygienists as advocates for population-based oral healthcare initiatives.
  • Collectively, these courses provided me with a well-rounded education, equipping me with the knowledge, skills, and professional values necessary to deliver comprehensive and compassionate care to my future patients.

CUNY Kingsborough Community College  
    Continuing Education in Medicine and Technology
    (2020 – 2022)

Achievements:

• Overall GPA: 3.3
    • Dean’s Honor List Fall 2019

Course Highlights:

Prior to embarking on my journey in the Dental Hygiene program, I completed a series of foundational courses that provided me with a well-rounded preparation for the rigorous curriculum ahead.

• Introduction to Psychology and Elements of Sociology equipped me with a deep understanding of human behavior, social dynamics, and communication skills essential for patient interaction and professional collaboration in the dental field.
    • Public Speaking further honed my communication abilities, fostering confidence in presenting and articulating ideas effectively.
    • Courses in Mathematical and Quantitative Reasoning and Principles of Chemistry laid the groundwork for understanding the scientific principles and mathematical concepts underpinning dental hygiene practice.

These preparatory courses not only broadened my academic horizons but also instilled in me the critical thinking, analytical, and interpersonal skills necessary for success in the Dental Hygiene program and beyond.