Learning Self Analysis

My experience in the Baccalaureate nursing program at New York City College of Technology thus far has been rewarding and enlightening. I had the opportunity to explore some of the many areas within the nursing profession. This includes community nursing, case management, advanced practice nursing, and nursing leadership and management. The clinical settings that I attended provided me with a perspective that were beyond the bedside. I learned the intricacies of nursing leadership and management, and have witnessed the positive attributes and struggles of this challenging career. The nurse manager that I shadowed for this clinical rotation edified me in the art of communicating effectively with other individuals and how one can effectively lead a team. My clinical in the community setting taught me how to do extensive research and the importance of being able to impact a population as opposed to one individual. Furthermore,  I was enthusiastic to learn about the different opportunities that nursing has for career growth. My overall experience in the Baccalaureate nursing program has been positive and beneficial. I was able to identify areas of interest that I will be able to pursue in the future, and I know that completing my Baccalaureate degree in nursing is just one of the first steps in my exciting journey as a nurse.