Philosophy

My philosophy is base on providing holistic care with empathy and compassion. As a child my grandmother always told me “treat others as you would want them to treat you”. As an adult that has always stuck with me. These values include treating others with respect. These are the moto’s that I stand by as I serve my patients, their families and my community. I belief nursing is not just a career. In the great words of Jean Watson’s theory “Nursing is concerned with promoting health, preventing illness, caring for the sick and restoring health. It focuses on health promotion and treatment of diseases. Holistic health care is central to the practice of caring in nursing. Last but not least she defines nursing as a human science of persons and human health – illness experience that are mediated by professional, personal, scientific, esthetic and ethical human transaction.” Jean Watson’s philosophy of nursing, January 26,2012.

It is my belief that anyone I come in contact with should be treated equally regardless of sexual orientation, cultural beliefs, economic status or ethnic background. They should be treated with respect and dignity at all times with no signs of bias. With this in mine I promise to extend this courtesy to their family and to the community which I serve. It has been my passion to advocate for my patients who are unable to speak for themselves. However, I will continue to be the nurse advocate for all my patients and their familie members. In Collaboration with the health care team I would reinforce the commitment to the common goal of my patient’s welfare.

As I continue to advance in my career, I have made a commitment to always remain current in new knowledge and upgrading my shills. I will continue to grow through evidence based practice and the advancement of technology. As a practicing nurse I learn something new everyday which brings new experience. I aim to share my increase knowledge with my patients, their families, the community and my fellow nurses.