Learning Self-Analysis

learning self analysis.

I have always valued education, and strongly believe knowledge is a very powerful tool that can change the lives of others, as well as my own.After I earned my Associate degree in Applied Science in Nursing; I realized that earning a college degree is all about opening up opportunities in life.

The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Nursing Program provides its associate degree holders the education and skills necessary to become leaders and managers in a variety of health care settings. In other words, the BSN program has not only prepared me to be at the bedsides of my patients, but it has also opened up the big picture for me, of both my career journey and of what it is that I should truly be chasing – academically, professionally and personally.The BSN program changed my perception about my nursing profession by delivering me an exciting and challenging phase of my education, which provided me with additional knowledge, skills and experiences to guide me in my path of lifelong learning.

The program’s emphasis on the interdisciplinary nature of the nursing career has allowed me to grow professionally and personally through interactions with faculty, fellow students, nursing stuffs and patients in clinical agencies.  I believe education has a significant impact on the knowledge and competencies of nurse clinicians, as it does for all health care providers. Through the BSN program, I have realized that nurses who receive the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degrees are well prepared to meet the demands placed on today’s nurses. The BSN program equipped me with skills in critical thinking, leadership, case management, and health promotion, and also with ability to practice across a variety of inpatient and outpatient settings.

The BSN program curriculum prepares me as a generalist with experiences across the life span. Within the Baccalaureate Nursing Programs, I have had the ability to undertake not only all of the course work taught for an associate degree, I have also had the opportunity to benefit from the programs in-depth treatment of the physical and social sciences, nursing research, public and community health, nursing management, and the humanities. The additional course work continually enhances my professional development, prepares me as new nurse for a broader scope of practice, and, in order to help me become a more socially aware nurse and individual, provides me with a better understanding of the cultural, political, economic, and social issues that affect patients and influence health care delivery. This Baccalaureate education makes a difference in the way of thinking, providing and delivering of patient care, and I intend on taking full advantage of this education.

Throughout my work experience, I have observed that Nurse executives, federal agencies, the military, leading nursing organizations, health care foundations, magnet hospitals, and minority nurse advocacy groups all recognize the unique value that baccalaureate-prepared nurses bring to the practice setting.Upon completion of the program, I cannot agree more with this sentiment.