Blog #12

Report cover for DEII

This Tuesday, Isana assigned us a new cover design project via email. This time, the entire intern team is participating. She asked each of us to design at least three different covers, with the following requirements: “Minimalist, lots of variation on one color, geometric. There will be three to four logos that need to be included, so keep that in mind. Logo colors can include maroon, blue, and teal, so keep that in mind as well. I would like variations in blue, green, and yellow.” I was excited to receive a new project so soon. After understanding the requirements, I had a few ideas in mind and couldn’t wait to start designing. Since I wasn’t entirely sure what a minimalist style entailed, I first looked up some examples online and then combined them with my own inspiration to begin designing.

During our weekly progress report meeting, I was the first to be called on to share my screen and present my cover design drafts. I was a bit nervous, but luckily, Isana seemed very interested in my designs. She was pleasantly surprised and said that the covers looked great. She provided some feedback for improvement and reminded me to mark the placeholders for the logos on the cover designs. She also asked me to create versions of all three designs in blue, green, and yellow, then combine them into a PDF and upload them to Google Drive. Since even Isana wasn’t sure which color the client would prefer, this would cover all the color bases that the client may want.