Deliverable: Memo

The memo is a class project where we had to create our own resorts and do various projects based on it, the memo being one of them. I created a luxury resort based on a dream vacation that I want to go to. 

The intended audience was the staff of my company, Dream Resorts. I was writing as the marketing research executive to inform them of the new project that Dream Resorts was embarking on. 

The purpose of the memo was to disclose the necessary information on the new project to the staff of the company and have them prepare accordingly. I also included a short description of the project to give more information to the staff. 

To complete this project, I looked to the experts of travel and vacation, booking sites. Through those sites, I was able to come up with a resort and put the necessary information into my memo. I used popular sites like Airbnb, Booking.com, and more to see what tourists looked fro when booking luxury resorts.

I also had to do research on Socotra, which is not a known travel destination, and find tourist attractions and touristic excursions. I looked for keywords, like ‘hidden gems’ and ‘lesser-known’ travel destinations to create an outline for the memo and the description. I also had to take into account covid-19 in the project and record the measures in the memo. 

Overall, I wanted to create a real resort, that I would want to visit, and inform my company of the impending project.