Becoming a Dental Hygienist was not always my goal. As a matter of fact, I never imagined I would end up pursuing a career in the dental field! I have wanted to be so many different things from the time I was a little girl; an Architect, an Accountant, and even thought about doing International Business. As you can see, I was nowhere near the path I have taken today. 
It was not until about 4 years ago when I decided to make a change in my life, both personal and professional. I was tired of feeling unaccomplished and unfulfilled and knew that there was so much untapped potential that I was letting go to waste. After thorough research (I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do), I came across the dental hygiene field and was instantly convinced that this would be the change that I needed to make.
Once I finished the prerequisite courses needed to apply for the program, I submitted my application and was accepted as one of the 90 students who get to enter the program every year. I will never forget the day I found out that I would be embarking on this journey. I felt so proud of myself, however, I had no idea that the hard work had yet to begin. 
Needless to say, things became very challenging from the very first semester. The workload only got heavier as the semesters passed and the clinic requirements were literally mournful, and yet, as my stress grew, so did my love for this career. 
I can wholeheartedly say that I feel fulfilled with each and every patient that sits on my chair. It started with the love of the service itself but somehow, somewhere, it morphed into a sense of duty to everyone that comes to me seeking for help. Watching the smile on my patient’s face after a successful visit is perhaps the most rewarding part of the whole process; it is a constant reminder that I am on the right path.