philosophy

Philosophy is the study of any system of belief, values. A philosophy is the belief that someone has about what should be done in a particular situation. My philosophy of nursing is the refection of my personal values, and ethics as a professional nurse and human being. Nurses can combine caring with knowledge of the basic and social sciences to better maintain health of individual and families regardless of race, ethnicity, creed or social orientation.

Nursing is a career that requires patience, commitment, compassion and endurance. Being a registered nurse for the past three years has been a great experience for me. I have learned to be cautious and very observant of the smallest changes. I started as a Licensed Practical Nurse: it was not enough for me. I realized that I could do much for my patients. I have worked as a medical-surgical, psychiatric and home care nurse. My experience in the field has helped me to realize the importance of holistic and individualized care. I have learned about disease conditions collectively in class and at the bedside, but I discovered that the application of this knowledge has to personalize to the individual client. Helping and assisting the sick has been something that makes me fulfilled in life

Theorist Jean Watson in “Philosophy and Theory of Transpersonal Caring” Explains how nurses care for their patients, and how that caring progresses into better plans to promote health and wellness, prevent illness and restore health. The theory of human Caring also comprises the patient as well as the caregiver. Jean Watson’s Philosophy science of represents my guideline in my everyday role as a nurse and caregiver.