On the Metro-Tech walking tour, I think we gained a new perspective of the neighborhood. A lot of students pointed out that they didn’t really realize the area when they commute to school they don’t pay attention to all those drastic details that they walk past almost every day. I think it was a great idea for Prof. Montgomery to print out two different maps for the class. It definitely gave us a good reference to keep looking at. We used the map to see exactly where we were and how the same exact place looked back then.  It’s safe to say that the streets have changed almost completely. There were some streets that have been completely wiped off. It brings up questions in mind, like why?  Why did they remove streets that back then were considered important major streets; an after having them wiped them off, why didn’t they make them more pedestrian safe? I wouldn’t consider Metro-Tech a safe walking place for pedestrians, because of all the trucks and wide crossing streets and reckless drivers not considering bikers at all. Also we realized that the walking tour was a good practice for voice recording and taking notice in small details round you that you might not realize when you’re walking normally past.