Community Outreach

Give Kids a Smile – New York City College of Technology, February 2024

This program is a yearly volunteer initiative launched in 2003 by the ADA foundation to provide free oral health care services and address the widespread issue of oral disease in children. During this program, Give Kids a Smile partnering with Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures offers complimentary screenings as well as educational, preventative, and restorative services. I had the pleasure of treating and assisting in the treatment and education of children between the ages of 5-12. Our dental hygiene school was able to organize this program and provide free dental exams, cleanings, sealants, fluoride varnish treatment and nutritional education on February 28, 2024.

Family Headstart – Neptune Center, May 2024

I had the opportunity to participate in an education program where didactic information was utilized to address the importance of oral health and educate young children of various backgrounds. I had the pleasure of participating in learning activities, educating children on nutrition, and demonstrating proper oral hygiene through visual aids, the application of tell-show-do, and hands on experience. This was a rewarding experience to see the tiny, happy smiles eager to learn and engage in this important program that will benefit them in the years to come.