Self Analysis

I am current pursuing my BSN in nursing at NYCCT after graduating with my associates in 2000.  Nursing has been a calling for me. Nursing can be challenging, demanding and frustrating and yet a rewarding experience.  The satisfaction is priceless, the knowledge that is gained is empowering and the exposure is humbling.  Nursing is a career path for the loyal, dedicated and selfless individual.  I enjoy being a team player, team members are committed to their job and they usually go beyond their call of duty. I am also a great communicator, which is very crucial in nursing.

I am a very compassionate person and respectful and always willing to lend a helping hand.  I enjoy helping others, it gives me great joy within. I am grateful that I am in a position to help someone out.  I am eternally grateful that I am where I am because of someone’s help and it would be very selfish of me not to return the favor.  I am a very modest person, the latest styles and gadgets never interest me.  I do believe in preparing for the future at an early age so that I don’t have to depend on anyone.  I try to instill the same value in my children by giving them responsibilities and holding them accountable. I feel that by educating myself gives me a great start towards that future.

As the profession of nursing changes, I am eager to continue to pursue my education to the highest degree so that I’m better able to help when my patients are at their most vulnerable stages of their lives.  I am confident that I have chosen the perfect career.