About me

Hello Everyone!

My name is Mohammed Sayedul Haque and I’m a first generation Bangladeshi immigrant to the United States of America. I came to this country on 25th April, 1995 after winning a diversity visa (DV-1) lottery. In Bangladesh, I had been working at a Urea fertilizer manufacturing factory after achieving a 2-year college degree in science. In spite of urge for higher education, I had to leave the college and accept the employment to take care my parents and siblings. As soon as I entered this land of opportunity, the Unite States of America, I started planning to attend college again. But my hope was hindered by obstacles and hardships that most immigrants experience during their early days in a new country. After a few failed attempts, I was finally able enter LaGuardia Community College of CUNY in the spring session of 2000. But I was unable to graduate; I dropped out after attending for four consecutive semesters. Although I did not graduate, I was able to improve English which enabled me able to ace an open competitive exam and land a job with MTA New York City Transit Authority in early 2006. Since then I have been serving the subway riders from station booths full-time and attending at New York City College of Technology part-time. Here I am pursuing an associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. I am anticipating reaching my goal by the end of 2012 with a good GPA.

After achieving my degree, I have a plan to join in a green technology industry. These industries produce power, energy saving appliances, electronic components, and related products without harming the environment.  For our existence and healthy living, we need a pollution-free environment. So my goal is to work in an industry that does not pollute the environment and conserve energy.

One Response to About me

1. I thougt that the research topic will be easy but it is not. The more I am trying to figure it out, the more complicated it is becoming.