Learning Self-Analysis For BSN Program

The Baccalaureate program has prepared to become a great member of the health care team in the community hospital. Through the BSN program at New York City College of Technology I have been able to apply what I have learned and seen myself grow as a nurse. The program enables me to care for the clients by providing a compassionate, defensive, and curative atmosphere. I have learned that the BSN program is crucial to a nurse’s function in the hospital in order to deliver evidence based healthcare practices. I am grateful that so many years after achieving my associate degree, I was able to complete my BSN because it has opened up a new world for me. Nursing used to exist only in a hospital or nursing home. Now I see its extension and application in community and public health.

Public health has been a particularly interesting area for me to grow due to the continued health prevention programs and new policy making practices to help the general and especially vulnerable population.  Previously I had a limited understanding of how complex the health care system is and how it is constantly changing.

Also I got a broader picture of the organization function, time management, manage a budget, be a mentor and lead effectively, which I had been missing for the better part of my career.  Even though I work as a charge nurse, this program has shaped me to be more confident to function independently as coordinator, prepared me to assume leadership roles in future, and to be an educator for fellow nurses and health care professional. I used to participate in different hospital projects but the purpose was always unclear. Through this program I understand the rationale and am more able to be an effective resource in the future. This program has brought me to a new level of care for patients and inspired me to continue learning and pursue further education.