Week 3 – Starting Line

I went into the office and met up with my boss to see how this semester was going to play out. First and most importantly we had to put together the newest issue of a reoccurring magazine called New York For Seniors.  Its a magazine that has articles and events that would be of interest to seniors. Some pages talk about health tips and how to stay active while other talk about officials and their plans for seniors in the near future.

So we got started by making a outline of each page one by one and what articles took priority over others.  Then made lists of pictures that we would need and a schedule when we would need it all done by.  We needed to have the magazine done to present to them by October 5th, that way AlphaCare could look it over and decide if there were any changes they wanted to make to it. During my time in the office which was Thursdays and Fridays from 9 – 5 I would receive articles and organize everything so that we could easily put it together when we had all the pieces.

I also put together a quick mock up on paper each article page by page and how they would be layed out.  Besides from that I looked up all the information we would need that would be associated with the articles.  If we had articles about certain programs or organizations we needed to put there contact info into the magazine as well.