Week 4 – AlphaCare Fall Edition

This week we focused heavily on putting together the magazine.  As articles would come in I would place them in InDesign and put everything together.  If articles needed to be edited or added to, I would work back and forth with there editor to make sure that the information all fit.

nyfsfinaljuly282nyfsfinaljuly287

These are two pages that I worked on.  The left being the context page of all the articles, and pictures that correspond with them.  At the bottom is the JIG logo along with there information and to the right of that is the names of all the photographers, writers, editors and designers on the magazine.

On the right is an article referring to Senator James Sanders, Jr.  One of our writers got to have an interview with him where he went over some of the important stuff he was doing to help seniors.  A lot of our articles are similar to this one in the sense that they are actual interviews with different important figures discussing seniors.  In one of our articles we talk to Ruben Diaz, Jr., Pastor Miller, Dr. David Rose, and other people from organizations like R.A.I.N and SCRIE who are working to help seniors with there day to day lives.

nyfsfinaljuly2815nyfsfinaljuly2816nyfsfinaljuly2818nyfsfinaljuly2817

At the end of every magazine we have 4 pages one for each of the boroughs, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and Bronx.  On these pages we would have different senior centers in that borough with there information, Farmers’ Markets in that area that seniors could visit, and featured events that they could go to in the season of the current issue.