Insights from My Internship

During my internship at Calling All Graphics, Inc., I’m gaining experience that enhances my Communication Design studies. I’m actively involved in creating menus, signage, and logos for various restaurant clients, which allows me to apply my design skills and explore different styles and branding approaches.

This role is teaching me about the importance of design in a business context. I’ve learned how effective visual communication can attract customers and strengthen a brand’s identity. Additionally, I’m discovering the fast paced nature of the industry, where meeting client deadlines and managing their expectations are crucial for success.

A typical day involves starting with project reviews and feedback sessions, followed by dedicated design time. I often collaborate with my team to refine designs and prepare presentations for clients. This combination of creative and logistical work is helping me understand the multifaceted role of a graphic designer in the industry. Overall, this internship is deepening my understanding of the intersection between design, business, and effective communication.