Philosophy

My philosophy of nursing is caring. Through my nursing experience, I have come to realize that showing compassion to my clients in addition to meet their medical needs gives them more satisfaction, because you can be a competent and efficient nurse and lack the essence of this vocation. Nursing is not just a profession, it is also a calling. Knowing that you have made a positive difference in the care of your patients gives you a sense of accomplishment. Many times we nurses are so focused on tasks that need to be completed that we forgot that we are dealing with human beings. There is no nurse patient relationships, imagine what it would be like to be on the other side of the spectrum, to suffer not only from illness but also the insensitivity of the health care givers. Caring is being compassionate and merciful. As a nurse, I believe that I should provide high quality care no matter the circumstances to meet the physiological and psychological needs of the patient and significant other, and to do so nurses should constantly update their knowledge in order to keep up with scientific and technological changes in health care. My philosophy of nursing also includes caring for oneself, I have seen many nurses burn out and the most emotionally difficult thing for me is taking care of a coworker. Caring is to know to balance care for others while also taking care of self.