I have taken several courses that lead me to my goal of working with the elderly population. Some courses include: HUS 2401- Introduction to Gerontology, HEA 1102- Community Health, HUS 3602- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment. HUS 2401 allowed me increase my knowledge, skills, effectiveness on working with older adults, and it allowed me to develop an interdisciplinary perspective on aging. HEA 1102 gave me the opportunity to analyze health, health problems, and health services in undeserved communities. It also taught me how to develop programs and events to teach people in the community about different health issues and to assess the health needs of the population that I will be working with Lastly, HUS 3602  allowed me to learn about the different treatments and programs that the government provides in order to help this population.

Internship Experiences:

-Adult Literacy intern at Make the Road New York

-Adult Literacy Intern at Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizens Council

Population Worked With:

-Families in Make the Road NY

-Adults in Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizens Council

Skills developed:

-Interpersonal  skills, communication skills, multicultural awareness (In Make the Road NY)

– Leadership and team working skills (In Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizens Council)