Academics

Disney Courses

During my internship in Disney, I took two collegiate courses to earn the credits for the spring semester.

One course was Experiential Learning, this class was truly interesting; We learned different learning styles, as well as our own learning style.  The way the professor taught the class was very fun, we had many hands on activities and many group discussions.  The course helped me understand why it’s easy or difficult to retain information and how to determine learning styles.  I would definitely recommend this course to any CP.

The second course I took was Corporate Analysis, in this class we learned the entire history of Disney, all the way back to how Walt’s parents met.  For a newbie to Disney such as myself this course was very interesting.  I saw the hard work Walt put into his life to achieve such an amazing Fortune 500 company.  He knew exactly what he wanted and he along with his brother Roy made it happen.  The class was mainly power points and notes, but when it came to completing assignments it was fun.  The professor had very diverse and entertaining ways to teach us the timeline of Disney; Now if anyone has questions about Disney I can answer them.

Overall my courses in Disney taught me a lot, and the things i learned have been retained in my brain, I guess it was due to my learning type.  I enjoyed my time as well as the information given to me.  The professors were amazing and they showed us they cared and loved the Disney life!

Strengths & Skills

• Work well with others
  • Able to multi-task
  • Organized
  • Fluent in Spanish (oral & written)
  • Computer savvy
  • Polite
  • Responsible
  • Reliable/ Trustworthy