Community Service

During my stay in Orlando I participated as a volunteer in Give Kids the World, my experience was breath taking!  I participated on a Sunday afternoon, that day they had planned life size Candyland.  I first helped with the set up and each volunteer got a role, I was stationed at Arts & Crafts which they had coloring supplies.  Other stations were board game, cotton candy, ginger cookie houses, and greeters.

Once children started coming in the auditorium became alive, smiling faces and happy parents was all it took to make me feel great.  Conversing with children about the most random things made me smile the entire night, I helped them color and choose colors, also gave them my colored pictures.  One little girl named Ana decided to color one of the pictures for me followed by surprising me and jumping on me to hug me to say goodbye.  Little things like these are that counts, this experience is so heart warming, being able to have fun with the kids and help distract the parents from the real world for a moment.

I can’t wait to return to be able to participate some more in Give Kids the World along with other facilities.

New York Blood Center
(www.nybloodcenter.org)
They are available for service throughout the entire five boroughs of New York City (Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island and Long Island).

Donated Blood a few times for those in need.