Intro-Dashawn

Hi, my name is Dashawn Inniss, and I am a freshman here at City Tech

This is a picture my Tio took of me, before my first official day as a City Tech student.

I was born in Brooklyn NY, and grew up in Queens NY, but ethnically I am, Dominican, Jamaican, Bajan, and Guyanese. My entire family speaks Spanish except for my siblings and me. I have two sisters and I am currently living with them and my mom. So I’m the only guy in a house full of girls. Truthfully I am both, scared and nervous, because I am starting this new chapter of my life, while also attending a new school. But I’m also excited to get to know my peers here. And learn more about Mechanical Engineering (which is my major).

The reason I decided to get into mechanical engineering was because I found it fascinating to make these really cool machines from essentially scraps, I’d often sit in class doodling different innovations/ machines that I told myself I’d one day create to make the world a better place. until then, I focused on my candy business which I started in middle school, which turned out to be a major success and taught me a lot about managing money, investing, and how to run a business. Now I plan of using my ideas and my business mindset to use Mechanical Engineering to help me pave the way towards a successful career. I’m happy to be here at City Tech to teach me all I’ll need to know to make that possible, and excited about the possible friendships I may make with all of you.

Wishing everyone a wonderful semester.

~ Best wishes, Dashawn

2 thoughts on “Intro-Dashawn”

1. Hi Dashawn! wow that’s awesome that your from so many different places! My family’s from Puerto rico so they also speak spanish and so do I, wow how’s that being the only guy?. I was nervous too but we’ll get used to it it can be scary starting a new chapter in life but also can be something that turns out great, good luck this semester!.

2. I learned a lot about you here! You have a lot of different cultures in your family background — so interesting. Where is Baja? I don’t think I know this country. I can sympathize with all of you that starting a new chapter of your life is scary and intimidating. We will get through this semester all together by building community and helping each other! I learn a lot from my students too! I love your picture here — I think you are under a picture of Queen Nerfertiti?