Success Tips-Maria Contreras

Tip 1: understanding deadlines

Understanding deadlines caught my attention because it is not only important in college but also in the real world. However, as a person that tries to manage their time, I find this to be important because giving late assignments in this level of education is not acceptable and will reflect on our grade. I want to work forward on giving my work on time and showing responsibility to my duties. Probably making reminders for each deadline can be a great tool to not fall behind or lose track of time. I will implement this tip by adding a due date of each assignment in my calendar to check and give work on time. 

Tip 2: Find study skills  

Study skills are an important factor in college because it’s a tool  that will make you succeed in class. I will work on finding out what works best for me. For example, something that I enjoy is working with music. However I noticed this weekend that music doesn’t make me concentrate when reading, not even if it’s slow. I had to be in a quiet place in order to concentrate. I will also work on keeping myself awake when annotating. Also I will look for more techniques for annotation that can help me improve my understating.

1 thought on “Success Tips-Maria Contreras”

1. Hey Maria! Based on your response to study skills, I understand that we all have different ways of dealing with studying and that’s fine. For me it’s never been easy working on assignments, essays or studying for test instead I had to put effort into it. There are particular skills that help me stay focused and getting better understanding. I seek study skills by free writes, time managing, and creating a format. I remember in English class we would always get articles to read and find the main idea. Trust me, I would have a tough time to summarize the passage. And as you mentioned annotation, this gave me a flashback of my English teacher going through our article to see if we have done annotating. Annotation was always the key to success it helps the readers to break down the ideas and come up with the main purpose. Therefore, I will look forward into developing new study skills as well for better grades.