Analysis of student example- Tania N

Meryam Abdullah “My real hero”

1- What caught my attention was the quote because she wrote it in her language which makes you want to know what that means and then she translated it. Meryam described the events of what her mom told her about her friends. Her friend was going through a lot and took drugs because of her dad who wished she was not his daughter. She went straight to the point with the events. I was able to imagine what kind of day it was and being there when her friend came to school shaking.

2. She was able to keep her paragraphs short while still being able to talk about the important points in her essay such as describing her moms words, her friends and her friends dad by adding the words he said to her friend.

3. She talks about her main point of how her mom saved her and the things she accomplished after listening to her mom. Then talks about the things she went to after and her loosing her hope but still thinks about her mom and what she went through for her which gives her motivation to keep going.