Mentor Quote – Aneyah Steward

”Girls aren’t able to play Flag Football or football at all” my sophomore year going into Highschool I knew I wanted to do something. Whether it was join a sports team or a club I knew it was something. At the time my parents were against the vaccine and most sports at the time required it. So I faced one of the sports you didn’t need the vaccine to play. Flag football. Of course as soon as anybody heard of a girls flag football team all we heard was that we couldn’t do it or we’d lost every game. Most of these comments came from boys or upper class men. From then on I cherished those words and comments. I turned them into something positive and I never stopped working hard. Not only with flag football with education. This opened my eyes and made me realize that woman are always second guessed or told they can’t do something because they are woman. I’ve went to every practice every change I got and still managed to stay on top of my school work. Flag football Juggling school and flag football I felt like I was proving everyone wrong. That season we won almost every game and made the playoffs. My grades were also amazing and I was feeling better than ever.

,