Introduction- Tania N.

Hi, my name is Tania Naeem, but I just like to be called Tania. I’m an ultrasound major. I love to travel anytime I have the chance I travel and visit my family in Florida and Puerto Rico. I have two older siblings, so I am the only one at home. My cultural heritage is Puerto Rican, In Puerto Rico we call ourselves Boricua which is a unique name that honors our islands heritage, but it is also the way of life. One of our most famous drinks is a Pina colada which I am sure most of you have heard of Puerto Rico is the birthplace of the pina colada. Now onto the food when it comes too food I love eating and especially some of our delicious dishes for example, some of our most popular and favorite meals are mofongo ,tostones ,pasteles ,arroz con gandueles, tembleque, and coquito, which are made of deep fried plantains, veggie meat filled Pattie, rice and beans, coconut pudding, and a coconut drink that’s made with or without alcohol. we have a lot of good food options that you’ll probably love and enjoy. We always add a lot of different seasoning to our food which makes it better. Not to mention the beautiful beaches out there to enjoy and the different kinds of excursions and activities like jet skiing, ziplining, atv riding, horseback riding, and many more.

When I was little it always interested me to want to study in the medical field because my mom had a lot of experience, and it inspired me to want to pursuit something like that so as I got older I realized that I wanted to study sonography and thought it was a cool career choice because there are different fields choices that you can chose from for example, medical sonographer, Diagnostic cardiovascular sonographer, abdominal and it goes on. My goal is to achieve the career that I’ve always wanted to pursuit. I believe that I can accomplish anything if I try my best. I currently work two jobs. I work at a bagel shop and at Starbucks, I mostly work on the weekends at the bagel shop and the weekdays at Starbucks. I enjoy it most of the time. A fun fact about me is I like trying new things. The old me used to be scared but now I’m open to anything.  Live your life to the fullest!  

1 thought on “Introduction- Tania N.”

1. It’s great you have an open mind to trying new things! There will be a lot of new things in this class. I hope you paid attention to the new way to think about reading and writing which we discussed in the last class!

Trying new international foods is something I like to do. It’s a way to experience a sort of “travelling to new cultures” — so one day I hope to try some of the dishes you recommended!

Is your major Rad Tech?