Introductions- Briana

My name is Briana and I am pursuing Radiology Technology as my major at City Tech. I was born in Queens, New York, but I am now residing in the Bronx. Growing up I was the oldest child out of three so I always felt the responsibility to take care of them and nurture them and as time went by I started taking care of my grandfather when he got ill. I always knew I wanted to find a career in which I’m able to do the same nurturing as I did with my family to the rest of the world. I decided to go into Radiology Technology because I’m able to help people in many different ways involving their health while also using technology as a tool to do so. I’m very dedicated and motivated to be able to successfully get into the program and excel in the classes that I will be taking for my major. I have a family of 5 and a pet beagle who we all adore. In my free time, I love reading and making new playlists of music for every genre. As of recently, I’ve been reading the Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood and I’m planning on reading the entire series.

My entire family is from Ecuador however they migrated to this country in the 1990’s. My parents are my biggest role models in life, I’ve watched them work constantly and never taking any breaks or vacations as well as saving every penny they had. Growing up it was hard to understand why my family and I didn’t go on much vacations or went out to eat at fancy restaurants but my parents always reminded me the sacrifices they were making would pay off at the end. Today, I am grateful for the mindset my parents engraved in me and the way they raised me to always prioritize my education. I will definitely be taking every piece of advice they’ve given to me with me on this new journey for me.