Philosophy of Nursing

Nursing is a profession of caring. A nurse must be honest, reliable and compassionate.  Nursing is a privilege. Many people put their lives in your hands, and you take it and run. But with responsibility like this you must be careful and ensure that everything you do puts your patients’ health first. I look up to Jean Watson and her Theory of Human Caring. Caring is the core of nursing, and if a nurse does not care and is not compassionate, it will show in his or her work. Nurses should be able to provide quality, patient-centered care regardless of race, sex, gender, sexual orientation or social and economic status.

I am confident that I will be able to provide the same quality care to all patients I will encounter during my career as a nurse. The holistic factor in nursing is vital. We can help our patients physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually — this should not be taken for granted. All licensed nurses can provide medical care, but it takes compassion and care to make a nurse outshine all the others out there. Be the nurse that brightens up your patient’s day, it will be worth it.