Community Service

Head Start Outreach Activity at Neptune Center & Glenwood Center
Participating in the community outreach programs organized by my public health instructor has been a rewarding and impactful experience. During this program, I had the privilege of interacting with children from diverse backgrounds and teaching them the importance of proper oral hygiene practices. By conducting interactive presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on activities, I not only shared knowledge about brushing techniques and the significance of regular dental check-ups but also encouraged the children to take responsibility for their oral health. As I evaluated the children’s teeth during these outreach programs, I noticed a concerning prevalence of early childhood decay, which has raised awareness about the pressing need for oral health education, preventive measures, and accessible dental care to ensure the well-being of these young individuals. Witnessing the children’s enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and implement these practices has been the highlight of my experience, and it has reaffirmed my passion for oral health education and my commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of individuals, particularly children, by promoting good oral health habits and providing preventive care.