My philosophy about nursing

My personal philosophy about Nursing

Literally the word philosophy means “the love of wisdom”. Which implies that a philosophy is the direct translation of attitude, viewpoint, idea, thinking, way of life, values, and beliefs of group of individuals or a person.  My philosophy of life like

Jenny Teichmann and katerine C. Evans in A Begninner’s Guide develop it; is “a way of solving problems which are ultimate, abstract and sometimes general. These problems are concerned with the nature of existence, knowledge, morality, reason and human purpose”.

As a nurse I think God every time that I have the opportunity to make a positive difference in someone life. This is what I see as true about nursing. It is that caring attitude that a nurse develops almost spontaneously when in contact with a patient. It is also the ability of nursing to mold, yet for the best, the way of life of the one who practice it. More truth about nursing is the understanding, listening, curing, advocating, and caring for loves one and complete strangers.

I hold the ethical values of being culturally competent and sensitive. And I also hold the value of honesty.

Nursing world has so many theories that could help nurses shape their practice.  Among them I find myself closer to Florence Nightingale’s theory.  Even as a little girl my mother had noticed the passion that I had in me to care for my neighbors. Florence Nightingale’s theory focused on changing patient’s environment to facilitate healing. Like her I believe that it is important to meet patient’s nutrition, hygiene, and social needs.

The next theory that I consider has part of my nursing molding carrier is the one of Hildegard Peplau. The theory of Hildegard fosters the principal of human relationship. I do believe that a therapeutic relationship between nurse-patient empowers patient in taking an active part in their healing process.

Put myself available to serve others. I do believe in the power of making some one life better.