About me

My name is Amy Li. I am a 24 year old Chinese-American born and raised in Brooklyn, New York 11220. I love to take walks, window shop, eat massive amounts of good food, read girly magazines/books, and sleep in on rainy days. I especially like walking bridges because I like how my fear of heights can be somewhat diminished by my confidence in engineering and by the beautiful scenic view around me. Two of my favorite things to do in the summer are eating ice cream and going to the beach or just being out in the sun (don’t forget the sunscreen, one person dies of melanoma every 57 minutes).

Aside from my hobbies or lack thereof, my passion lies in dental hygiene. I earned my Bachelor of Science in Biology from Stony Brook University in Spring 2011 and I was always interested in pursuing a career in the field of dental medicine. Upon graduation, I realized that I was more interested specifically in dental hygiene. From a very young age, I enjoyed being in the dental setting because I always received compliments on how clean I kept my pearly whites. As a matter of fact, I begged my parents for braces…for reasons I did not know when I was 14 years old.

Being a daughter, a niece, and a friend, I was able to use what I learned in many classes that I took in dental hygiene school to educate my loved ones on proper nutrition, ubiquitous diseases, and different side effects and food interactions to their medications during family gatherings and get-togethers.

As a dental hygienist, I get satisfaction from giving my patients a healthier mouth and motivating each one of them to adopt what I teach them is what I live for. Nothing feels better at the end of the day than knowing that I was able to influence my patients to change for the better and for them to come back 3 months or 4 months or even 6 months later to tell me how good they feel about their mouths. I strongly believe that having a nice and healthy smile can pave the road to healthier and brighter future.

Cheers to smiles! 😀

537719_3373424219648_187066406_n