About Me

I was born and raised inĀ Egypt. I immigrated to US in February 2010.Before I moved here I attend college in Egypt with a bachelor degree in applied science. Although I worked as a nutritionistĀ in Egypt for over 4 years,Ā I knew I wanted to become a healthcare professional. I wanted thisĀ since I was a young child. For that reason, once I came to this country I decided to continue my studies in the health profession. It wasnā€™t an easy beginning since English is not my first language and a mother of two children. My desire of becoming a dental hygienist was stronger than any obstacles that I faced.Ā Ā 

I started taking all the pre-requisites for the dental hygiene program in New York City College of Technology. I did it, and IĀ started the program in Fall 2014, that was when the real challenge began to me. It was difficult for me to get through the first year in this demanding and rigorous program withĀ my full time job as a mom of two children. Ā There were times when I felt as if I couldnā€™t continue but my family, some peers and professors were very encouraging.Ā 

This program has taught me discipline, determination, endurance and that nothing is impossible as long as you want to achieve your dreams. Ā It was the most difficult thing I have done in my life but it was worth it because here I am looking forward to an enriching and successful career as a registered dental hygienist in the near future!