Blog Guidelines

Blog posts are low-stakes, informal opportunities to practice and receive feedback on your writing skills.  They are an opportunity for you to wrestle with the readings, with classroom discussion, and with your own ideas.  Similarly, comments are an opportunity to engage with class content, by replying to other students’ thoughts.  Blog posts are required; comments are not.  You’re free to post beyond the required number of blog posts, and to comment where you like, but the credit you earn on any extra writing may be limited.

Some ground rules:

-I expect to see utmost civility in all comments, and will take appropriate action if I see otherwise.

-I also expect to see the same care and attention to proofreading that you will bring to your papers.  Note well – this isn’t a diary.  Write professionally, and you’ll find yourself well prepared for the papers.

-Posts, on average, should be 250 words.

-You’re required to write 8 posts over the course of the semester.

-To post a new blog post, hit Post—>Add New.

You must proofread your posts to ensure that they a) hit the minimum word count, and b) adhere to professional standards of grammar and punctuation.  This isn’t an Instagram post!

Post your blog post by 5 pm the day before class so that I can read what you’ve written.

-On that note, if you want to comment, comments are due by 10:00 am the morning of class.