Revised Lens Blog

I decided to revise my lens essay for a particular purpose. The objective of revising my lens essay is to present in further detail and evidence, that there exists benefits of playing video games, thus helping people on an educational level. However, many do not realize this. Some see video games just serving a recreative purpose, or simply a waste of time, therefore I will strive to help the reader to be cognizant of the fact that there are indeed positive results of playing video games. While doing this, I will apply the point of reconciling the opposites. I will make an effort to help the reader see the benefits of playing video games, yet not offending those that may think they are negative or harmful. The lens that I’ve been working with is cognitive surplus, which will help me a great deal in allowing the reader to discover the benefits of the exhibit. Cognitive surplus shows, that collaborating together, and making good use of free time that is available can have a positive impact. My in depth revision will shed more light on the good of cognitive surplus and its relationship with video games. Additionally my research will involve comparing videos of the past to present, thus helping the reader to see how the advancements in graphics have attracted a larger audience. If cognitive surplus didn’t exist perhaps we wouldn’t see such a proliferation of improvement in the quality and quantity of games. This will mean investing time, digging in on some of the potential obstacles video game developers may have in reaching such a vast audience.