Blog #5 – “Is Google Making Us Stupid”

In Nicholas Carr’s “Is Google Making Us Stupid” The author makes very good points both Negative and positive. Carr Says “Research that once required days in the stacks or periodical rooms of libraries can now be done within minutes.” That is a good thing now and days because it speed up the learning process or the process period for whatever someone may be trying to do that requires research, and is helpful for someone who might be an extremely busy individual. For a negative effect, Carr states in his piece that Bruce Friedman, Who Blogs regularly about the use of computers in medicine, describes how the use of internet has altered his mental habits.”  Bruce Friedman Says “I now have almost totally lost the ability to read and absorb a longish article on the web or in print.”  That part of Carr’s piece made me realize that i am the exact same way because i rely on internet too much now and days, which results in me losing focus quickly on pieces of writing and not being able to understand many pieces of writing in a deeper level. This helped my realize that the internet is training my mind to be able to just absorb summarized pieces that explain everything for me instead of me doing it on my own.