What I see now from “Is Google Making Us Stupid” Dorian B.

I’ve been using the internet from childhood till now. I looked at the internet as an easy way to get out of doing work. Also to pass time by playing video games and just searching “Google” for stuff I like. According to the passage “Is Google Making Us Stupid” what I have been doing for majority of my life is making me stupid. But, is it really making us “stupid”. What I learned from the article is that, the internet isn’t literally making us stupid. It is changing the way we learn. For example, “Research that once required days in the stacks or periodical rooms of libraries can now be done in minutes (2). Because of our constant use of the internet it’s giving our brain a new interest making us want to use the internet for everything. For example, “The more they use the Web, the more they have to fight to stay focused on long pieces of writing (3).

Thanks to our “brain’s plasticity” we are able to adapt to the habit of using the internet and Google on a daily basis. “It’s becoming our map and our clock, our printing press and our typewriter, our calculator and our telephone, and our radio and TV”. Google is what our society relies on now to obtain countless information and sources. “The company has declared that its mission is “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful” (10). They wanted to “develop the perfect search engine”. Though, the effect of doing so, created a new way of thinking for the people using their engine.