Shemar Watson Blog post 5

In “Is  Google making us stupid” author Nicholas Carr describes how the internet makes us lazy. I personally agree with this. The internet keeps growing slowly and it shows that people depend on the internet very often. When people use the internet a lot it starts to see the pattern in which you things. For example when you shop online or even watch YouTube. It shows you a recommended for you column or for shopping things you might like. This surprised me because I am on the internet very often and it knows what i buy or what i like to read and watch on YouTube. It also puts a sense of forgetfulness in your mind because the computer or device that your using is thinking for you and helps you get distracted real easily. Furthermore the internet makes you read faster than going into depth reading. For example when your reading a book you tend to read and fully understand it as for the internet if your on it reading an article you tend to skim it rather than full reading it figuring out some part of what is going on. The internet is everywhere making people rely on it too much, they make keep your eyes on your phone half of the day is a big part of the world. The more technology advances the more people will use it. People get more lazy when technology advances it thinks for them and also gives them less time on their hands.