Haider Ali Re-vision process

The revision process brought a new perspective into the light for my essay. It allowed me to see the weak and strong points of my essay to see where improvement is needed most. The negative feature that my partner helped me look through was that my ideas were going off from one rhetorical feature to another and that they could use a better transition. In my draft, I had started off by talking about religious allusions but in then I start to talk about historical allusions. I had mistaken Dr. King when he talks about Nazism, as a religious illusion, but in fact, that was historical allusions and therefore didn’t fall under the rhetorical feature of religious allusions. I also realized that the structure of my essay could use some improvement to as I lay out the information for the reader and It should be easy to follow through. This was helpful since the whole essay is based on the rhetorical features that Dr. Martin Luther King uses in his letter from Birmingham jail to break through to the audience. If my partner had not pointed out this mistake, it would have led to me writing the essay in which the central point of the essay would not have been clear for the audience. These exercises allow a reader to improve their writing because there is always room for improvement.