Saleem Ali Re-vision Process

The re-vision process is a helpful tool that writers can use to improve their weakest points. One positive feature that is shown in my writing by using the re-vision process was the structure of my essay. My partner said that my essay was easy to comprehend, and very well put together. As I was writing my essay, I thought the structure of my work was the weakest part overall. I felt as if my ideas were mixed up, in a non orderly fashion. However, when my partner pointed out structure as a strong suit in my writing, I was astonished. In this case, the re-vision process helped me find a strong skill set I have for writing. A negative feature the re-vision process pointed out in my essay was run on sentences. My partner told me the unnecessary ideas in my sentences, that went beyond the point. His advice was to either cut it down, or considering making it into two sentences. I found his advice to be helpful, by condensing my sentences, parts of my essay became much clearer, and straight forward. Recognizing my mistakes allows me not to make the same ones in the future. I realized why I write run on sentences which is because I don’t make my point quick enough, I sort of drift away, and go off topic. By sticking to one idea, I can provide one point. This negative feature in my writing points out a weakness that I can work on and hopefully improve in.