roman sary letter to king

Dear Dr.King
One powerful aspect I found in the speech was the use of repetition throughout. One use of a metaphor “One hundred years later” in response there was little to no change “(404) one hundred years later, the life of a Negro is still sadly crippled by the manacles of segregation and the chains of discrimination.” This quote tells about believing in change but there was a change and it wasn’t really applied to all. This is a powerful aspect because throughout history even with slavery law banned African Americans still are held down of their rights. That repetition was repeated numerous times because it was a way to tell that we had something but never put to its potential. The quote explains “I have a dream” because Africans were broken of their rights and that in Dr. king speech he has a dream that African Americans are to be equal with all races.
Relating to the letter you wrote in Birmingham jail is quite different because the explanation of the black man and how it is dangerous. The repetition is similar to the letter in my perspective because as you were writing this letter you are imprison which shows the racism and showing of non-change. Trying to fight for change is a step but as quoted “one hundred years later” there isn’t no change for African Americans. The language in the letter is similar because both give aspects of what is wrong and how there can maybe be a change.