The educational process of the Baccalaureate degree in nursing has been very beneficial to me. My expectations were low, but it has surprised me in how much knowledge I gained and how it helped me grow as a person and a nurse.

My core nursing classes have shed light on the different meanings of nursing that there is. My leadership class has taught me that a leader does not necessarily just mean a nursing manager, but every nurse is their own leader. As a nurse you lead the care that is provided for your patients, and it takes certain type of skill to do. I learned I am a leader, and I gained perspective on different leading styles. My community and urban nursing classes have taught me the importance of nurses working in prevention and keeping chronic conditions under control. In this part of nursing, educating patients and assessing their knowledge is crucial.

My Baccalaureate degree has really shaped me into the nurse I am today. I feel more confident with all the information I gained. I also gained new perspectives on certain things, and that makes me a better nurse. I feel like I have built on my prior knowledge and am able to take this information and skills out in the public.