In nursing I believe there are a few strengths one needs in order to fulfill their job. First individual strength I have is compassion. This motivates me to go out of my way and go the extra mile for my patients. It is imperative to put ourselves in our patients shoes, to truly realize what they are going through.

My other strength is my ability to communicate. Good communication skills are necessary for a nurse to do their job right. The ability to communicate with the whole care team is essential for the patient to receive the best patient care. Also, communicating with the patient and family members is how you obtain your assessments, how you build a relationship with them and how you are able to show support.

My last personal strength is my ability to adapt. In the world of nursing, at any point in time anything can happen. A patient that was once stable, now is presenting signs of shock and you must assess, plan, intervene and evaluate. Another way I adapt is when working understaffed. You have to learn how to multitask and handle multiple things at a time.