Self Analysis

As graduation is quickly approaching, I am so excited to share with you about my thoughts and experience from my Baccalaureate nursing program at New York City College of Technology. The professors and clinical instructors are very knowledgeable and passionate about their teaching carrier. They always very patience to make sure the students understand each step in the clinical practice. They are always very encouraging and helpful. They have very flexible office hours for the students.  I am able to reach them all the time if I have any questions.

This baccalaureate nursing program offers physical assessment, leadership, community health, and urban health, nursing research and case management classes with help me improve critical thinking, leadership skills and self-confidence. It also helps me gain a broader knowledge and develop creative decision-making skills for our multicultural patient population. After I finished my leadership class, I am able to the entire picture of how my department functions and why certain decisions are being made. I also learned how to search for related resources from the websites or the school library to complete my assignment with the American Psychological Association (APA) style. I feel confidence in doing any of my research projects now. I am working as a registered nurse and returned to my baccalaureate nursing program at New York City College of Technology, I can build on my knowledge and work experience to gain a global perspective of culturally appropriate care.

This baccalaureate nursing program make me to have a better understanding of our future nursing trends, which are evidence-base practice, preventive care and psychological care are very crucial. It prepares me to have great confidence on my current position and also prepares me to me a great leader in the future. I am proud and glad that I chose my baccalaureate nursing program at New York City College of Technology.