Sample Cover Letter

Kassandra Malivert   555 Ocean Avenue Apt 3G Brooklyn, NY 11226 (347)567-4299 KassandraMalivert@yahoo.com

May 31, 2012

Dear Sir, Madam:

My name is Kassandra Malivert and I have an AS degree in Nursing and currently pursuing a B.S.N. at the New York City College of Technology. I graduated at Atlantic Union College in August of 2011 and will be graduating the BSN program in May 2013.  I would like to obtain a job as a Registered Nurse in hospital/homecare settings.

In my clinical rotation, I have performed many skills and have been exposed to a variety of patients.  Some of those skills include: administration of blood products, administration of medications via various routes, exposure and care provided to patients with NG tubes, G/J tubes, colostomies, tracheostomies, Foley catheters, and central lines, admission and discharge processes and necessary teaching involved.

In my senior year, I have gained the ability to assess lab values, medication administration and assessing the overall well being of patients in regards to their diagnoses and co morbidities.  I strongly advocate for my patients and asked questions regarding their care to other healthcare providers when necessary.

I have enclosed my resume for your review. Some of the key strengths I can offer include:

Solid training in areas where technical expertise, administration, organization, interpersonal communications, motivation, and management required.

• Tested experience in a variety of hospital settings with the ability to put patients at ease, make them comfortable when they are feeling anxious, and elicit cooperation from people under less than ideal circumstances.
  • Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills with the flexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and frequently shifting priorities.

I would greatly appreciate an interview to discuss the ways in which I could assist you in accomplishing your goals towards patient care. You may contact me directly at any time at (347)567-4299.  Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Kassandra Malivert