About Me

I am an Associate Degree nurse working on obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.  I am licensed to practice in the state of New York and soon to be endorsed in the state of Florida.  Prior to my nursing education, I obtained a Bachelor of Science in Business Management and spent several years working as a Human Resources Assistant directly alongside the Northeast Director of Human Resources of a global corporation.  My most current work experience is in the private childcare sector, and my present objective is to secure a position as an acute care nurse, which will prepare me to move towards my short-term goal of becoming a certified Critical Care nurse and long-term goal of enrolling in a Nurse Anesthetist program.

My choice of a nursing career comes from my everlasting desire to work in the healthcare industry compounded with the personal joy I receive when not only helping people, but engaging them to help themselves as well.  I believe teamwork to be an essential component of the nursing profession, therefore, my strong interpersonal skills and cooperative demeanor will prove to be an asset to any care setting that requires all levels of colleagues to work side by side to reach a similar goal.  Also, it is important for healthcare professionals to be aware of human emotion and how one’s experience with receiving care, no matter what the setting, can cause stress and invoke fear or other difficult feelings, which is why patients and/or clients will benefit from my practical yet empathetic character.

Please feel free to review My Nursing Philosophy to get a better understanding of my personal relationship with the Nursing profession.